Re: Time in %changelog

Panu Matilainen wrote:
> Dan Trainor wrote:
> > Anyone know if it's possible to insert a time, along with the date, in a
> > %changelog entry?  I know that the date specification in %changelog is
> > very tempermental, so I didn't even know if a time in the %changelog
> > would even be possible.

The changelog format can be changed but don't try it because you have
to change other things that parse it too.  Standard is better than
better.  The format is this one from date.

  date "+%a %b %d %Y"

> The changelog time entry is stored as seconds since unix epoch but the
> time is hardwired to noon at GMT inside rpm. So no, you can't store a
> time there and have it in the changelogtime entry. The changelogname tag
> isn't parsed for correctness so you can put stuff in there - anything
> that comes after the date goes there so you can have something like this
> if it rocks your boat :)
>
> * Tue Jun 28 2005 09:33:16 Joe Packager <joe.packager@xxxxxxx>
> - update to 0.1.2.3

That is clever!  I guess this works then:

  date "+%a %b %d %Y %T"

But of course then anything that parses the changelog will think the
packager name is "09:33:16 Joe Packager".  :-(

Bob