Re: Chosing target OS from AIX

In regard to: Re: Chosing target OS from AIX, Bob Proulx said (at 10:00am...:

I think this is a limitation of rpm.  I don't think it supports doing
what you (and me) want it to do in that case.  I think the only choice
you have is to build the rpm on the target os you are trying to
install upon.  There is a 'noarch' rpm but there is no 'noos' rpm.  (I
would love it if someone were able to educate us differently because
this is a feature I would love to have too.)

I was told, on this list, by JBJ himself that rpm in theory supports noos.
What's missing is the compat chains (similar to arch_compat and
buildarch_compat) in the rpmrc.

I've had good intentions of developing those chains and submitting them,
by my follow-through hasn't been the best.  ;-)

So, if you're interested, set up the os_compat and and possibly
buildos_compat chains and see how they work.  If they work, submit them to
this list!

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              mooney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx