Postinst and Preun during update processes

Hello,

I have a short question about update processes handling with RPM (when
you use the -U option). I have a package that contains 2 scripts:
 - 1 post-install script that detects the distribution used and adds
shortcuts to it.
 - 1 pre-uninstall script that removes these shortcuts.

As the shortcuts places can be different depending on the distribution
that is used (with old ones that does not fit freedesktop standards...)
I need these 2 scripts.

The problem is the following: When I update an old version of the
package to the lastest one for example, the post-installation script of
the newest one is executed _BEFORE_ the pre-uninstall script of the old
one.

My question is simple: Is this normal ? And if yes, how can I make it
work, so that the shortcuts are kept when the package is updated.

Best Regards,
Mathieu Fluhr