non-terminating error and warnings during rpm -i

Hi,

I get an error and a bunch of warnings at the begining of doing an "rpm -i" of a binary rpm that I am building. The error (and warnings) does not cause the install to stop and after it finishes everything seems to be in place and working. The error happens probably in the %pre scriplet, but the temporary file that the scriptlet is extracted to is gone after "rpm -i" returns so I cannot take a peek and am not sure what is going on. As far as the warnings go, the user that rpm reports missing is the user that built the binary rpm and does not (and should not need to) exist on the target. Anybody with ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Nik

Here's the console:

[root@trainer01 ~]# rpm -i TRUPscout-9.2.1-1.i386.rpm
expr: syntax error
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.99490: line 12: [: =: unary operator expected
warning: user nkolev does not exist - using root
warning: user nkolev does not exist - using root
warning: user nkolev does not exist - using root
warning: user nkolev does not exist - using root
warning: user nkolev does not exist - using root
warning: user nkolev does not exist - using root
### Setting up configuration
###    Legal notice file ...
etc...