Re: non-terminating error and warnings during rpm -i

On 6/22/05, Kolev, Nik <NKolev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I get an error and a bunch of warnings at the begining of doing an "rpm -i" of a >
>binary rpm that I am building. The error (and warnings) does not
cause the install
> to stop and after it finishes everything seems to be in place and working.

Trying running the install on a clean machine with "rpm -ivv".  Oodles
of output will be spewed from rpm, but it will also run your
scriptlets with -x, so you will see each line that was executed and a
few other things.

Another thing to do is to run:

   rpm -qp --scriptlets your.rpm > somefile

this will put all the scriptlets from the package into somefile.  Then
you need to split it into seperate files (one for each scriptlet).
After doing this you can run "bash -n" against the scriptlets which
will do a syntax check on them.

Cheers...james