Re: how to satisfy "perl(XXX::YYY)" dependencies?

On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 10:21 -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   but
> it seems a little inflexible for rpm to demand a certain set of perl
> modules, and insist that those modules be installed a certain way.
> that kind of knocks a lot of value out of the whole CPAN installation
> technique, at least in terms of RPM-based systems.

Use one or the other, not both.
If you install modules using rpm, you may well find in some
circumstances CPAN louses up and either thinks something is installed
when it isn't, or can't see something that is installed.  If you install
stuff using CPAN then don't use rpm for perl packages.

Personally *nothing* goes on my boxes unless its been packaged as rpms -
I then have proper control of the package set and all the needed
dependancy handling.

	Nigel.

--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel.Metheringham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ]