Relocated install leaves directories behind upon uninstall

Title: Relocated install leaves directories behind upon uninstall

Hi,

I have noticed the following behavior with RPM relocation.

I have somepackage.rpm that supports relocation.
        Prefix : /opt/somepkgdir

        %files
        /opt/somepkgdir/*

When I install without the --prefix it install fine and uninstalls fine.

when I install with relocation, rpm -ivh --prefix /opt/dir1/dir2/dir3 somepackage.rpm, it creates the new directories dir1, dir2 and dir3

and installs all the files in dir3.
        /opt
        /opt/dir1
        /opt/dir1/dir2
        /opt/dir1/dir2/dir3
        /opt/dir1/dir2/dir3/*

When I uninstall (rpm -e somepackage), it uninstalls everything but leaves the following directories behind
/opt/dir1
/opt/dir1/dir2

Does anyone know why and how to fix it?

Thanks for any help