Re: [RFH] Managing the rpm/{SPECS,SOURCES} namespace

On Friday, 12 November 2004, at 10:41:46 (-0500),
Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:

> Yes, I can see how that is useful. BTW, now that you've mentioned
> it, do you use any scripts/docs for rebuilding that are publically
> available? Any instructions on how to bootstrap the build process
> from the .src.rpm's?
>
> I'd like to be able to rebuild FC as well, and any help in this area
> would be greatly appreciated.

First, I'd download mezzanine from www.kainx.org/mezzanine/.  It will
solve all that %_topdir-related macro-fu for you.  You can also point
it at a directory full of SRPM's, and it will rebuild them all for
you.  You can then install the binaries into a chroot jail and tell
mezzanine to build inside that for you.  A couple rounds of that and
you'll be all bootstrapped and ready to go.

Brief tutorial is here:  http://troy.jdmz.net/mezz/mezz-howto.txt

Help can be had on mzdevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Michael

--