Re: database is not in db3 format

On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 09:26:47AM -0400, Fulko.Hew@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> On my embedded system (based on MontaVista (based on Redhat))
> I am using RPM V4.0
>
> After doing an "rpm --initdb; rpm --rebuilddb"

Can you do:

rpm --eval %_dbpath
rpm -vv --initdb

> Actually, the 3 files it is complaining about don't even exist.
> The only file that does exist in /var/lib/rpm is Packages.
> Looking at my Fedora 2 system, there are many _more_ files in that
> directory too!

> How am I supposed to create these other files?
> or isn't rpm supposed to create these other files?

The other files are various indexes on the db (Name indexing on name, etc),
plus __db* files ( db version, names of locks, warm lookaside cache ).  With
a blank db I'd expect Packages only, the other files will get created when
packages begin to install.

Paul