Re: So, what _is_ the right thing to do?

On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 06:42:56PM -0700, Christian Goetze wrote:

> > Seriously, try that python script that Paul showed you.  It looked like
> > that should do the trick.  I would have mentioned something like this
> > sooner, but I don't work with python much, and did not know the exact
> > tag to query on (now I do...thanks Paul).
>
> Yeah, except then I need to obtain, install and learn (!) python (-:...

Note the script I sent is not complete (it doesn't run the transaction or supply a callback).  I'll knock up something more complete and test later on.

The thing that concerns me is that they may not be unique within rpmdb if they
are NEVRAC identical only differing in prefix, so I'll put together a test spec
and give it a whirl.  However you could probably force a developer specific tag
and number onto release for your system.

Paul