Re: How to select a particular instance of an installed rpm?

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004, Christian Goetze wrote:

> > On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, Christian Goetze wrote:
> >
> >> In our development shop, we may end up with a situation where
> >> multiple instances of the exact same rpm are installed with
> >> differing --prefixes. I haven't found a way to selectively erase one
> >> of these installations, all I seem to be able to do is use
> >> --allmatches to erase all of them. Is there some way of addressing
> >> specific instances?
> >>
> > I don't know how, but this question has come up before.  Basically,  it
> > involved using librpm (perhaps with the python bindings, don't
> > remember).  This came up about a year ago.  Does anyone remember the
> > specifics (or know exactly how to do this)?
>
> So there is no way to do this without hacking the internals? No package ID
> or anything? That's really sad...
Write a bugzilla report and it may be added (unless there is already
something there I don't know about).  Try to think through exactly how
you would want this to work.  I would assume it would be some query
that exposed the instance number in the DB, and then you would pick
the right one, and erase it by instance number.   Course, while your
at it you might consider a feature that allows you to do an erase and
specify the prefix that was used?

Cheers...james