Re: Dependency on /bin/sh

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Ram Prakash R wrote:

> Thanks for the insight James, but the sad story is that it is a small embedded
> device and there is no debugger ;-( Predictably, the problem is not happening when
> run on a linux PC. I will try to "bt" somehow but may not be for some time.
>
> And I have tried with a "exit 0" at the end of the scriptlet though never tried
> the return value checks for ln. Will try that too. Thanks for all the time
> folks...

I was just mentioning that as an aside, nothing in your code that I saw
should cause a hang.  What version of rpm are you using?  Is your proc
filesystem mounted on the embedded device?  If so we may be able to get
some info from there?  Also, you could try installing pstack (I think its
pretty small) on the embedded device, and you might be able to get some
good info from that?

Cheers...james