Re: Dependency on /bin/sh

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Ram Prakash. R wrote:

> Hi Panu, Mats,
>   Thanks for your suggestions, I have a little progress. But now I am stuck
> with the execution of the %pre script. I have tried to increase the verbosity
> level by calling rpmIncreaseVerbosity () twice. I have the logs below as well
> as the script. I have pored over it for quite some time without getting at
> what could be wrong. Please let me know if you guys spot something unusual in
> the script below.

Hi Ram,

Do you have gdb on this system.  If so hop into it and get a back trace,
and send that back to the list.  It may be you need to simply remove the
files /var/lib/rpm/__db*, but in the version of rpm in the head of CVS
their was a problem with it locking up on scriptlet execution (still not
completely convinced its fixed, but I know Jeff did some stuff to get rid
of it).   At anyrate, the backtrace from gdb should yield some helpful
info.  If you have never done it, you just get the process ID, and then
do:

	gdb -p (pid)
	bt

The second command is inside gdb.

<snip>
>                        <----Just Hangs after this---->
>
> This is the %pre script in the spec file:
> %pre
>     if [ ! -d /opt/running ] ; then
>         mkdir /opt/running
>     fi
>     if [ ! -L /opt/nimRunning ] ; then
>         ln -sf /opt/running /opt/nimRunning
>     fi
>     if [ ! -L /opt/imlRunning ] ; then
>         ln -sf /opt/running /opt/imlRunning
>     fi
>
>     if [ ! -d /opt/standby ] ; then
>         mkdir /opt/standby
>     fi
>     if [ ! -L /opt/nimStandby ] ; then
>         ln -sf /opt/standby /opt/nimStandby
>     fi
>     if [ ! -L /opt/imlStandby ] ; then
>         ln -sf /opt/standby /opt/imlStandby
>     fi

Just an aside, you probably want to explitly exit with 0 at the end
of your script, and the ln command can fail, so checking its return
code is not a bad ides.

Cheers...james