Re: Multiple DB search path

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, John VanSciver wrote:

> Is there anyway to have query and install/update functions search multiple
> RPM databases? I need to be able to have install update one database, but
> search 2 databases for dependencies.

To my knowledge no.  What you can do is, is use the perl (RPM2) or python
binding to rpmlib and gather the data from both db's and then mangle it
within perl or python.   If you use RPM2, I can help you, if you use the
python bindings there are plenty others that can help you.

> There is an old bugzilla request #4137 that describes exactly what I need,
> but I see no resolution done for the request.

To my knowledge there is no resolution.  Would be nice to be able to do
this though.  If you have C skills, and want to take a wack at providing
such capability in librpm then go to rpm-devel@xxxxxxxxx and start a
discussion to help come to some consensus about how it should work.

Cheers...james
 > John
VanSciver > SDCWest Linux Core Team Lead > IBM Global Services