Re: I did a no no....

> rpm -qa | grep some_package
>
> And, it seems that I have a lot of them installed. And I tried
>
> killall -9 rpm
>

>  Emmanuel Papirakis

See if an ordianry user can still do $ rpm -qa

On my system, when I have messed up my rpm db (which you should backup after
each successful transaction i.e. tar jcf rpm-backup-${DATE}.tar.bz2 /var/lib/
rpm), sometimes only the root user can't use rpm, but the ordianry user
can't. In this case a simple rpm --rebuilddb should fix it.  I can't see rpm
-qa breaking a db, perhaps something else broke it before you performed the $
killall -9 rpm.

--
Scot Mc Pherson <scot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://linuxfromscratch.org/~scot/