Problems installing MySQL from the RH9 CDs

I'm a newbie in Linux.

I've installed a RH9 in my server machine. I'm using the up2date tool, so all my packages should be up to date. Today I've tried to install MySQL with the GUI Package Management Tool. When it checkes dependencies, it fails reporting a "Package Not Found" error. It says that the postgresql 7.3.2 package can't be found on my system. I've checked manually using "rpm -q postgresql", and the result is that I already have the 7.3.4 version of that package on my system. I can't understand why does the Package Manager complain about it.

Should I have the older version installed instead of the newest one?

Does it mean that if I continue using up2date I'll never be able again to use my installation CDs to install new programs?

Where is my fault?

Thank you very much!!

--
Jordi Blanch Carles
Unidad de Ensayo y Control

ENCOPIM S.L.
C/. del Parc, 5 (nave 13)
P.I. Els Pinetons
E-08291 RIPOLLET (Barcelona)
Tel: (+34) 935 94 23 72
Fax: (+34) 935 94 64 15

La información contenida en la presente transmisión es confidencial y su uso
únicamente está permitido a su(s) destinatario(s). Si Ud. no es la persona
destinataria de la presente transmisión, rogamos nos lo comunique de manera
inmediata por teléfono (+34 935 942 347) y destruya cualquier copia de la
misma (tanto digitales como en papel).

The information contained in this transmission is confidential and is
intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the designated
recipient of this transmission, please advise us immediately by telephone
(+34 935 942 347) and destroy any copies (digital and paper).