Re: Documentation for RPM Python library

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 11:47:37PM -0500, Sergei Mikhailov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any good documentation for the python bindings to the rpm library?

Umm not as such.  I believe the Red Hat Press RPM book covers python and C
bindings but I'm avoiding it atm so I can work on Maximum RPM

> I tried help(rpm) within the python shell, but there is no documentation
> for individual functions.

OK first place to look is the doxygen available at rpm.org or also in the
rpm-devel package for FC 1:

file:///usr/share/doc/rpm-devel-4.2.1/apidocs/html/index.html

Some classes have doxygen eg:

file:///usr/share/doc/rpm-devel-4.2.1/apidocs/html/classRpmts.html#_details

> If there is no specific documentation for python library, is there one for
> C library and can it be helpful for python?

One of the common approaches is too grok others code, try looking at the
sources for yum, up2date, etc.

Improved documentation is on my TODO and patches gratefully accepted ;)

There is an rpm-python list hosted by Seth Vidal

#rpm on freenode is also useful for assistance

Paul