Re: End User License Agreement Using RPM?

On Don, 2004-02-05 at 00:56, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> You have to remember that unix-like systems are multi-user: Just having
> the admistrator agree on some license doesn't necessarily mean you can
> use it for your purposes. I think software asking the EULA on first
> startup is the right thing to do on multiuser systems. Depends on the
> license terms of course...

... and the legal situation in the country of the user.
IF you do it on shrink-wrap software the point where the contract is
made is in the shop.
You can write whatever you want inside the package, make the user (all,
just the first, the admin, every time the user starts it, ...) do
something silly like clicking around on check boxes. etc., it is plain
simply irrelevant and the user is free to ignore your EULA.

	Bernd
          Embedded Linux Development and Services