Re: RPM deltaing tool

Hello Michael,

> Note that the attached scripts do reconstuct the target rpm byte for byte,
> and could quite easily be turned into a usable application without much
> work, though it could be done more efficiently.

Now that compression and signing no longer seem to be an issue we could
probably start ripping the archive apart and see if deltaing individual
files helps in decreasing the delta size.

I am not sure if xdelta is block oriented or works sequentially like
diff -u or diff -c. If it is block oriented creating algorithms that
delta binaries in a diff like way is also a possibility to reduce the
size of the deltas.

Bye,
Leonard.