RPM deltaing tool

I posted the following email as part of a discussion, on the fedora-devel
mailing list, as part of a discussion on RPM deltas for Fedora. My
interest is as to whether a general RPM deltaing utility is worth
developing further, and whether the rpm developer community have any
strong opinions on how such a utility should work.

Note that the attached scripts do reconstuct the target rpm byte for byte,
and could quite easily be turned into a usable application without much
work, though it could be done more efficiently.

        Michael Young