Re: [Sound] Re: Sound on IBM Intellistation

hi, total newbie here and need so much help or guide that i will start
with i have the same problem with ac 97 built in sound card on via chip
and i get and error cause i put it too make sound on start up so i get
the error of device dev/dsp can't be open.i found out i get the sound
from the cd plug for head sets.and hear a small amount of noise on start
up but don't hear anything like a wav or anything to make sense.i just
installed and update rh 8.0.if u can help plz even send me and email on
how to check or fix it.