Re: [Sound] no sndconfig in 8.0 : how do I configure my old sound card ?

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 09:11:09AM -0400, Mario Bittencourt wrote:
> Hi Bob,
>
>    I don't think so. At least it is not installed by default.

I don't have 8.0 yet, but in 7.3, it's part of the sndconfig RPM.

>    If I type sndconfig I get no such file or directory !

Are you root when you do that?  sndconfig lives in /sbin, and, by
symlink, /usr/sbin.

>    As I said (the system does not detect my soundblaster 16) I've used
> the graphical tool with no luck since it does not have a manual setup
> only an automatic setup which does not recognize my card.
>
>    Acoording to a post
> (http://www.geocrawler.com/lists/3/Red-Hat-Linux/96/0/9774391/) I must
> install it that it is on the CDs.
>
> Thanks anyway.
>
> - Mario

Cheers,
robertmcclure@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.cumbytel.com/~bobcatos/
Linux: because I want to get there today.  Without rebooting.

[Index of Archives]     [Sound Cards]     [Kernel]     [Red Hat Install]     [Drives]     [Red Hat Development]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Gimp Users]     [Yosemite Trails]