Re: [Sound] no sndconfig in 8.0 : how do I configure my old sound card?

The graphical redhat-config-soundcare installs in /usr/bin, if you've installed audio packages. (Works for me... Good luck.)

SJR

Mario Bittencourt wrote:

Hi Bob,

I don't think so. At least it is not installed by default.
If I type sndconfig I get no such file or directory !

As I said (the system does not detect my soundblaster 16) I've used the graphical tool with no luck since it does not have a manual setup only an automatic setup which does not recognize my card.

Acoording to a post (http://www.geocrawler.com/lists/3/Red-Hat-Linux/96/0/9774391/) I must install it that it is on the CDs.

Thanks anyway.

- Mario