Re: [Sound] Sound on via vt8235 in RH 8.0

I believe my MB is the via chipset, and it seems to work fine.  I just
can't get the built-in sound to work.
Good Luck!

On Tue, 2002-12-10 at 22:18, Jatin Sharma wrote:
> Hi,
>

> > Good Luck!!! Do not waste time to work on VIA chipset. It's very sick
> > for Linux even with MS Window. I had to return the MB with VIA chipset.
> > Finally Intel MB or some with INtel chipset are working fine. I had to
> > back-and-forth 6 times to FRY to get the right one. Finally I got
> > 645E MAX with SIS 645DX chipset and it working fine. even with RealPlayer
> > for Linux.
> > Now I am happy with my Linux 8
>
> Is this applicable for sound only on a VIA chipset. I am planning to buy a
> VIA MB, and plan to use in linux. However I don't have a need for sound.
> Does anyone has any idea how does a VIA MB perform in linux or is it even
> compatible ?
>
> Jatin

[Index of Archives]     [Sound Cards]     [Kernel]     [Red Hat Install]     [Drives]     [Red Hat Development]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Gimp Users]     [Yosemite Trails]