[Sound] Problems configuring second sound card.

Hi,

To my great annoyance, the sound appears to have bust on my motherboard. The
chip still detects, but no noise is forthcoming. This is a dual boot machine
and Windows98 has the same problem.

So I found this really nasty ISAPNP soundcard in a drawer, and that seems to
work for windows but I can't get it going under RH7.3. Dmesg finds the card
fine:

[davep@xxxxxx davep]$ dmesg | grep isapnp
isapnp: Scanning for PnP cards...
isapnp: Card 'AZT1008 PnP SOUND DEVICE'
isapnp: 1 Plug & Play card detected total

It's listed in the hardware browser as needing an ad1848 driver, and 'modprobe
ad1848' appears to load the module. There is also a /dev/dsp1 node but
neither artsd (I run KDE) nor XMMS seem to be able to open it. To add to the
fun, remember that I can't disable the first sound card :(

Uhhhmmm, I'm stuck. I have no idea how to access this apparently working
device, sndconfig is asking for ports and IRQ's (hardly the point of PnP
iirc), and I can't even find a way of making the module 'stick'.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Dave

[Index of Archives]     [Sound Cards]     [Kernel]     [Red Hat Install]     [Drives]     [Red Hat Development]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Gimp Users]     [Yosemite Trails]