Re: [Sound] Re: RH8.0 No sound

Roger Harrington wrote:

Bill

Thanks for your reply.

I have never had sound after I migrated to RH8.0.The other
configurations have been due to me trying to get sound to work.

Further exploration shows that :-
a. The directory /dev/synth mentioned in the dmesg does not appear to
exist.

b. Reading through the Red Hat Linux 8 Bible which I have just received
shows some device directories for audio programs. Apparently,
/dev/sndstat has the status of the sound drivers. In my case, this has,
"no such device"

c. Likewise, the /dev/audio, /dev/audio1, /dev/dsp, /dev/dsp1,
/dev/mixer, /dev/mixer1, /dev/sequencer and /dev/midi00 all have the "no
such device" in their directories.

What do I do next?

Regards

Roger