[Sound] Re: Problems configuring second sound card.

David Preece (davep@xxxxxxxxxx) said:
> So I found this really nasty ISAPNP soundcard in a drawer, and that seems to
> work for windows but I can't get it going under RH7.3. Dmesg finds the card
> fine:
>
> [davep@xxxxxx davep]$ dmesg | grep isapnp
> isapnp: Scanning for PnP cards...
> isapnp: Card 'AZT1008 PnP SOUND DEVICE'
> isapnp: 1 Plug & Play card detected total
>
> It's listed in the hardware browser as needing an ad1848 driver, and 'modprobe
> ad1848' appears to load the module. There is also a /dev/dsp1 node but
> neither artsd (I run KDE) nor XMMS seem to be able to open it. To add to the
> fun, remember that I can't disable the first sound card :(

What are the messages you get from the ad18148 module when it tries to
load?

Bill

[Index of Archives]     [Sound Cards]     [Kernel]     [Red Hat Install]     [Drives]     [Red Hat Development]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Gimp Users]     [Yosemite Trails]