Re: How to format screwed-up hard drive and reinstall OS.

Thanks, Bryan, for the link. But I have a couple of questions...

First of all, is it safe to follow the procedure? I am somewhat concerned about the prospect of getting into a situation where I cannot recover anything, i.e., I might have to toss away the hard drive...

Also, do I have to make a boot diskette? I don't have a floppy drive. If I can make a bootable CD, which OS should I use?

Thanks, in advance.

-- peter
If you really want to clear the harddrive quickly use a zero fill like wipe
http://www.digitalissues.co.uk/html/os/misc/ibm-wipe-zap.html