RE: How to format screwed-up hard drive and reinstall OS.

Thanks, Bobby, for your kind suggestion. But I have a couple of basic questions...

BTW, I was trying to get Knoppix burned on a CD. However, the size is larger than the CD (>700MB). I've never burned a program that's bigger than the CD. How can I do that?

Since I don't have a floppy drive, I wonder if I can make Windows 98 boot CD. Also, could you please tell me more about how to use fdisk and format once the system is booted of Win98 boot CD?

Thanks, in advance.

--peter

Bobby Heid <bheid@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm sure there is a way to do this with one of the LiveCD Linux distros such
as Knoppix, but I do not know the method. But you can get a Windows 98 boot
disk and boot off of it. Then you can run Fdisk and/or Format from that
floppy.

Bobby