Re: How to format screwed-up hard drive and reinstall OS.

Sounds to me like you need to repair grub from your linux install CD and restore the ability to boot linux

Brian Brunner
brian.t.brunner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(610)796-5838

>>> pwu95@xxxxxxxxx 11/15/05 01:30PM >>>
Hi,

 I have a dual-boot system (WinXP  & Linux), but during further partitioning, for some reason it got  really hosed up. Now I lost access to Linux, and I can only boot to  WinXP from GRUB. So, I need to format the hard drive and reinstall  Windows, but the reinstallation method provided by Dell (my computer  manufacturer) doesn't work on the machine. Where can I find help for  formatting screwed-up hard drive and reinstalling Windows?

  Thanks for your help, in advance.

  --peter

the system manager.

for the presence of computer viruses.