Re: Notebook SO slow - any test programs for RH9?

Ed Greshko schrieb:
On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 16:16, Pekka K. Kurki wrote:

I am definetely sure that there is something wrong with the Notebook
because:

Well, if you *know* there is something wrong with the notebook, then you
should take it in to be repaired.  The HW specific diagnostics that the
maker of the notebook has will far exceed what general diagnostics are
available in any OS.  Besides, what can you "repair" yourself on a
notebook?  You can replace memory, maybe.  And you can replace the HD,
maybe.  But, what else?

Yes, you are right - I would just like to know beforehand if a new HD (e.g.) could solve the problem...

If you have convinced yourself, and indeed you have, that it is HW then
take it to the repair shop...have them determine the problem.

Well, it sounds easier than it is: The manufacturer's service organization is extremely poor (rumors say that they even lose equipment...) and "independent" service companies refuse to repair it... So I have three options:

- to find out if it is the HD or something else and then replace it
- to replace the HD and pray
- to throw away the notebook

Thanks for all suggestions!

Pekka