RE: Installation after RH Support Ends

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> However I'm also stating that Home Users won't be able to get
> updated rpms for Normal User Stuffs for their Older RH Distros.
>
> eg:
> K3b compiled for RH9
> KDE 3.2.1 for RH9
> Gnome 2.6 for RH9 (I did mention that nyquist rpms stopped
> providing rpms for RH9 right?)
>
> etc..

For KDE, there is kde-redhat.sourceforge.net, offering KDE 3.2.1 for Red
Hat 7.3, 8.0 and 9. Yes, they have k3b.

THere is also the Enterprise option. Not the official expensive RHEL, that
is, but the various recompiles: Whitebox, Tao Linux, CAOS and some
commercial distro that I can't remember. There are RPM repositories now
that offer RHEL RPMs. RHEL has the advantage of a long life-cycle while
keeping more current than Debian's stable stuff.

Chris