Re: Clamav

Aaron Konstam wrote:

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 10:45:06AM -0500, shane c branch wrote:
I downloaded and installed Clamav on my RH9 server. I was able to get it running with no problems, but chkconfig is not allowing me to add it as a service to start at boot time.

#chkconfig --add clamd

results in 'error reading information on service clamd: No such file or directory

What am I missing?
--
regards,

shane

In this discussion the answer to your question is lost. In the initscript in /etc/init.d you will see comments that are necessary to allow you to use chkconfig --add For example in sshd you have the line: # chkconfig: 2345 55 25 Which means that sshd will be on in levels 2345 and be started with priority 55 and killed with priority 25. Priorities run from 1 highest to 99 lowest.

Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
One Trinity Place.
San Antonio, TX 78212-7200

telephone: (210)-999-7484
email:akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks. That's what I ended up doing. I grabbed another init script and copied it to clamd. Then I just replaced all the relevant entries with clamd, and it seems to be working.

The good thing is that I learned how the start up and kill stuff worked. Before, I did not understand that chkconfig was rhat specific.

--
regards,

shane