Re: Minolta Printer and Linux

Easy Software's ESP Print Pro has cups drivers for most printers.
It costs about $49.

Kathy Bieltz

Jay Daniels wrote:

dont bother said:

I am planning to buy this Printer

Minolta PagePro 1250W Laser Printer

http://www.staples.com/Catalog/Browse/SKU.asp?BCFlag=False&PageType=1&SKU=493542

But am afraid whether it is compatible with Red Hat
Linux/Fedora? Can someone tell me where can I find the
list of hardware comptabile with linux, so that I am
confirmed before I buy them.

It's a windows printer. It's not listed in the supported Cups printers. Here's the list of Minolta:
MINOLTA-QMS 2060 Print System
MINOLTA-QMS 2425 Print System
MINOLTA-QMS 3260 Print System
MINOLTA-QMS 4032 Print System
MINOLTA-QMS magicolor 3100
MINOLTA-QMS magicolor 330
MINOLTA-QMS magicolor 6110

The Lexmark E323 laser has postscript and works great with Linux, but it
cost around $399.  It's black, fast, and has never failed me (using RH
Linux 9.0 and lpt port).  If you want a network printer get the E323n

http://hardware.earthweb.com/peripherals/print.php/2211421

This printer works with the driver on the disk, the one you download from
lexmark and even the default postscript printer driver.  Works out of the
box on Linux!

jay