Re: Missing the starting post?

On January 09 Friday 2004 3:41 pm, Michael Knepher wrote:

> >>you could check your running services applet (in the gui) and see if
> >>there's a power management daemon configured to run at boot time. that
> >>might give you an idea as to if acpi is running.
> >>
> >>--
> >>regards,
> >>
> >>shane
> >
> >I did both the init 0 and shutdown -h now and your both right it all goes
> > back the a screen and thats it. Think of this as solved, as I now know
> > why it's not shutting off and not some silly thing I missed. I will be
> > trying to change up on init: 5 to 3 and see if the starting post
> > (verbose I think?) to come up on screen.
>
> You may be able to set your BIOS to use APM settings and to power-off
> automatically.

Hi and sorry I have not responded until now. I'm on a kind of back up box and
just loaded red hat in to it. The box in question had it's own
thoughts on running. Heck I'm not sure what happened, but I went to reboot and
it will start to post but will not even get to checking for hard drivers. It's
not software related anymore and most likely hardware. But hey I really want
to thank you all for all the help. With one post I got more an one answer.
It's all good.

Thanks Again,
Carlos