Re: Printer Epson Stylus C82

Colburn wrote:

Just came up this note:

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Epson-Stylus_C82

Full support in GIMP-Print 4.2.2 or newer (for older versions choose the C80 as your printer model).

This printer cannot be tested by sending plain text to it, as the printer may or may not respond to the text. The recommended way to test the connection is by checking the ink level with the escputil command as follows:

escputil -i -u -r /dev/lp0

where /dev/lp0 should be replaced with the name of your printer port.

HTH ... doc

Just what I've been looking for, yields believable numbers with my Stylus C-62 -

# escputil -i -u -r /dev/lp0
Escputil version 4.2.4, Copyright (C) 2000-2001 Robert Krawitz
Escputil comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type 'escputil -l'
under certain conditions; type 'escputil -l' for details.

          Ink color    Percent remaining
              Black     19
               Cyan     31
            Magenta     29
             Yellow     32

I don't know about the C-82 but beware if you expect to refill the cartridges! They can be refilled but the printer won't recognize them! Had I known that I would not have bought this printer.

Bob G W2BOD