Re: Networking Challenge Shrike to Shrike?

R. McFarlane wrote:
At 01:22 PM 12/20/2003, Colburn, had this to say :

Been trying today to share files between my Shrike desktop & Shrike notebook, and for the notebook to share the modem on the desktop.

I always use SSH to connect remotely and if I have to send a file to another box, I use SFTP.

What about gFTP and then select SSH under File - Options?

My preference is to be able to look at and access the files on either machine from the other, not run apps, just read, write, copy text, image, spreadsheet, and data files.

In a private network you will want to setup some form of "sharing" to make transfers easier, BUT make darn sure your firewall is solid or better yet don't have that network connected to the internet at all.
Sincerely, R. McFarlane

The desktop is connected via 56k modem dialup (no dsl or cable available yet here in the woods, 28k best speed). Because I have yet to solve the winmodem problem in my notebook I need to access the Internet via the modem on the desktop when at home (an external usb modem on the notebook is not an option yet due to some usb-addressing issues on the notebook).

--
Amazing Christ-mas blessings ... doc