Re: Printer Epson Stylus C82

Mike Vanecek wrote:
I have mine connected to a local lan with the epson-net device. I have been
very satisfied. The multiple color cartridges allow you to change out just
color that is low rather than having to change out a multi-color cartridge
whenever a single color is low. I really like that feature. It handles ink
quite well. About the only thing I have not been able to figure out is how to
get an ink status via the net using linux. I can turn on one of my windows
machines and use the epson monitor software to get the printer status, but
have not been able to do the same through a linux box. Other than that, it has
been a very solid printer for me. YMMV.

Just came up this note:

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Epson-Stylus_C82

Full support in GIMP-Print 4.2.2 or newer (for older versions choose the C80 as your printer model).

This printer cannot be tested by sending plain text to it, as the printer may or may not respond to the text. The recommended way to test the connection is by checking the ink level with the escputil command as follows:

escputil -i -u -r /dev/lp0

where /dev/lp0 should be replaced with the name of your printer port.

HTH ... doc

--
Amazing Christ-mas blessings ...