Re: disable multiple login

> | I thought the ldapd server served up addresses and names, how or why
> | does one authenticate users based on this info?  Isn't this info
> | usually public as far as the organization is concerned?
>
> Yep. But nobody sane stores passwords in the clear anyway for
> serious purposes. Normally what you store is a hash value based on the
> password.

Hmm. Until now, I thought that hashed passwords, stored in a directory,
are not "more" public than hashes stored in the shadow.
Assumed, that the LDAP-ACL's are set proper.
If you allow access to passwords only for authentication (binding), and
deny every other access, there is no significant difference?

Or do I overlook the most obvious - what happens surely is one of the
lots of my major issues ;-) ?