Re: disable multiple login

On Sat, Dec 20, 2003 at 12:02:59AM +0100, Clemens von Musil wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I set up a server that provides /home for all users (mounted via nfs)
> and an ldap-server for authentication.

---end quoted text---

I have another question, not an answer...

The LDAP, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol, is an Internet protocol
that email programs use to look up contact information from a server,
such as ClickMail Central Directory.  So, why use LDAP for
authentication?

I thought the ldapd server served up addresses and names, how or why
does one authenticate users based on this info?  Isn't this info
usually public as far as the organization is concerned?

I just don't understand why you would use ldap for authentication?
Doesn't nfs have it's own authentication mechanism builtin?

jay
--
Sometimes I feel like a rat in a cage...