file system preference?

Recently I learned that I don’t have to live with the file system that red hat recommends (ext3), and that FC1 and even 9 down to I believe 7.3 had the option to begin with ‘linux reiserfs’ or ‘linux jfs’, (maybe there were even some other options?).

Ive loaded up an FC1 box and a 9 box both with a try at reiserfs, and so far performance is defiantly good, but I don’t think im tuned enough to know the difference.

Does anyone have any file system opinions they might like to share?  Im at the beginning of what looks like a really good article on the IBM site (http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-fs.html), but I think I would really benefit from hearing what my redhat peers have to say on this topic.

Thanks,

Jonathan