Re: Module loading on Boot

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 04:28:46PM +0000, Neil Marjoram wrote:
> I've just installed an Adaptec 2400A into my RH9 system.
>
> I booted up kudzu detected and installed the 2400 card and I ran
> modprobe dpt_i2o and all is well. Created filesystem, mounted etc.
>
> I checked the /etc/modules.conf file for the required entry - all is OK,
> and rebooted.
>
> Now it's not there. There are no errors at boot up, and when I log in
> and execute modprobe all is well again.
>
> What can I do to get the module to load at boot time ? I thought all you
> needed was the correct entry in /etc/modules.conf.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Neil.
> --
Usually Bios wants to boot the scsi card before it starts anything
else. Then depending on how you you are using the scsi card it may
have to be in the initrd file. Did you change that file after the
changes in the /etc/modules.conf. That certainly needs to be done if
any booting is dome from the scsi disk but I have found that it is a
goof idea in any case. Of course you could put the modprobe in the
rc.sysinit file but I would assume it is already there.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
715 Stadium Dr.