Re: Spam

Hi

I use Spamassassin 2.61 & MailScanner www.mailscanner.info
Using 2 servers we process betweek 3k and 20k emails a day, block between
1.5k & 7k spams/day with approx 1 to 2 getting through/day and 1 to 2 False
positives/WEEK and we have blocked up to 1k virus's/day.
We also set-up, install  and support servers for customers and these also
have very low fp rates after a few days/weeks of fine tuning, depending upon
the type/volume of spam received by that domain.

It does take a little while to fine tune but it works very very well.

Denis Croombs

www.just-hosting.net

> > Well, spamassassin does in fact 'de-fang' mime, so you've got that
> > already.
> >
> > My experience with spamassassin, which is EXCELLENT, is that the key is
> > to move all the false negatives to your spam folder and to run the
> > sa-learn program regularly.  I've also changed my rules set so that a
> > Bayes90 hit gets an automatic 5 points.  I've had 1 false positive in
> > the last month.  Spamassassin has caught between 650 and 700 in each of
> > the last three weeks, with I'd guess 10-15 false negatives a week (e.g.
> > 1 or 2 a day.)  The number of false negatives keeps dropping the more I
> > use sa-learn.
> >
> > Spamassasin is the greatest, IMHO.
> >
> > John
> >

> In order to understand your numbers above - how many emails do you
normally
> get a day and/or a week?
>
> I normally get about 300 emails a day and usually about 100 is spam.
False
> spam is about 12 a day and uncaught spam is about 20 a day.
>
> - - - - -
> "Grown-ups never understand anything for themselves, and it is tiresome
for
> children to be always and forever explaining things to them."
> The Little Prince
> Lokrin (TechAss)
> Technical Assailant
> http://lokrin.net