Re: Spam

----- Original Message -----
From: "John P Verel" <jverel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Jake McHenry" <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday 15 December 2003 18:32
Subject: Re: Spam

> Well, spamassassin does in fact 'de-fang' mime, so you've got that
> already.
>
> My experience with spamassassin, which is EXCELLENT, is that the key is
> to move all the false negatives to your spam folder and to run the
> sa-learn program regularly.  I've also changed my rules set so that a
> Bayes90 hit gets an automatic 5 points.  I've had 1 false positive in
> the last month.  Spamassassin has caught between 650 and 700 in each of
> the last three weeks, with I'd guess 10-15 false negatives a week (e.g.
> 1 or 2 a day.)  The number of false negatives keeps dropping the more I
> use sa-learn.
>
> Spamassasin is the greatest, IMHO.
>
> John

In order to understand your numbers above - how many emails do you normally
get a day and/or a week?

I normally get about 300 emails a day and usually about 100 is spam.  False
spam is about 12 a day and uncaught spam is about 20 a day.

- - - - -
"Grown-ups never understand anything for themselves, and it is tiresome for
children to be always and forever explaining things to them."
The Little Prince
Lokrin (TechAss)
Technical Assailant
http://lokrin.net