Re: Spam

On 12/15/03 20:39 -0500, Jake McHenry wrote:
> I'm currently using spamassassin and mailscanner, working well, but my
> boss doesn't want any spam to get through. I tried telling him that
> it's not going to catch everything, but he doesn't want to listen. He
> told me to look into mimedefang, which his friend told him about.
>
> Does anyone know if mimedefang is any better or worse than
> spamassassin?

Well, spamassassin does in fact 'de-fang' mime, so you've got that
already.

My experience with spamassassin, which is EXCELLENT, is that the key is
to move all the false negatives to your spam folder and to run the
sa-learn program regularly.  I've also changed my rules set so that a
Bayes90 hit gets an automatic 5 points.  I've had 1 false positive in
the last month.  Spamassassin has caught between 650 and 700 in each of
the last three weeks, with I'd guess 10-15 false negatives a week (e.g.
1 or 2 a day.)  The number of false negatives keeps dropping the more I
use sa-learn.

Spamassasin is the greatest, IMHO.

John