Re: open office seg faults

Jay Daniels wrote:

They are free fonts I downloaded and also commercial fonts from a font
cdrom program.  I setup these truetype fonts in 3 different
directories, I will try removing them one at a time to see if oowriter
will run.  I probably could delete most of them anyway.

If you look at the stacktrace you can see the problem probably lies with the "flintsto.ttf" font. Try deleting that one for a start, or better,
move it out of the way and send it to the openoffice guys so they can fix a crash bug in the font engine.

Is there any better word processor for Linux out there, other than
oowriter? Windows compatability is not an issue as long as the
program will print nice letters and forms.

The latest versions of abiword look nice. It's included in the fedora distribution. There's also a commercial word processor called textmaker which works nice.

Klaasjan