Re: open office seg faults

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 05:31:37PM +0100, Klaasjan Brand wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 16:59, Jay Daniels wrote:
> > All open office apps seg fault.  Here is the end of strace on
> > oowriter.  It seems it seg faults loading fonts.  I do have a lot of
> > fonts installed...
>
> > Question:  am I correct to assume it's seg faulting while loading
> > fonts?  No other application except open office has any problem.
>
> Openoffice has got it's own font rendering engine, so that could be the
> reason it's the only affected program. Does it work if you remove the
> fonts causing the error? You could try sending the fonts to the
> openoffice or freetype guys (if the license allows it) so the cause of
> the crash can be figured out.
>
> Klaasjan
---end quoted text---

They are free fonts I downloaded and also commercial fonts from a font
cdrom program.  I setup these truetype fonts in 3 different
directories, I will try removing them one at a time to see if oowriter
will run.  I probably could delete most of them anyway.

Is there any better word processor for Linux out there, other than
oowriter?  Windows compatability is not an issue as long as the
program will print nice letters and forms.

jay