Re: open office seg faults

On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 16:59, Jay Daniels wrote:
> All open office apps seg fault.  Here is the end of strace on
> oowriter.  It seems it seg faults loading fonts.  I do have a lot of
> fonts installed...

> Question:  am I correct to assume it's seg faulting while loading
> fonts?  No other application except open office has any problem.

Openoffice has got it's own font rendering engine, so that could be the
reason it's the only affected program. Does it work if you remove the
fonts causing the error? You could try sending the fonts to the
openoffice or freetype guys (if the license allows it) so the cause of
the crash can be figured out.

Klaasjan