Re: vim syntax highlighting

At 12:16 11/5/2003, you wrote:
Search for something else (ie /aslkalsjd), or turn search highlighting
off with:

:set nohlsearch

As a follow-up: is this a "permanent" setting, a session setting, or will search highlighting be turned back on the next time I do a search?

Let's assume that you _do_ want search highlighting every time you use it, but you have now finished with this search and you just want it off right now. Does nohlsearch do that, or is there some one-key command that will just say "OK, I'm done until next time, thanks"?

Cheers,

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx