RE: Port Question

named creates is for outgoing queries from localhost. The log file I
have tethereal dumping into shows dcc servers, and domain names from
emails I'm receiving.

I'm not sure what the other port that xinetd owns does. The log files
from tethereal are empty. Same with the ports owned by drac.

Does anyone know if I need the drac service running, or does sendmail
call it upon each qpopper execution? I guess I could turn it off and
see if I can still check my mail.

I'm still fuzy about the port for xinetd. The only things I have
enabled in xinetd are fam, imap, and pop3. It is also a dynamicly
allocated port. Possibly fam?

Thanks,
Jake